Friday 30 May 2014

Muller Light Limited Edition Inspired by Bali: Coconut with a hint of lime

I'm not usually one to buy Muller Light yoghurts as I prefer thicker Greek style yoghurts, which tend to be more filling and are more natural. However, I'm a massive coconut fan so when I saw this limited edition version I ended up giving the brand another go.



Inspired by Bali, the packaging is wonderfully tropical, evoking images of beaches and palm trees. Initially, I was a little unimpressed with the texture. As these are fat free, they're quite weak in consistency and very runny. I like my yoghurts thick and creamy so the mouthfeel of this wasn't to my tastes.



On the other hand, this lack of fat means the entire pot is only 99 calories. It makes quite a satisfying snack as it's quite a big pot, so you feel you're getting a lot but it's still light so you don't feel bloated.



The yoghurt did taste of coconut quite strongly, which I liked but it was the hint of lime I really enjoyed. It was zesty and sharp and provided a nice counter hit to the sweetness of the yoghurt. This was necessary as this has sweetner in, which makes for a bit of a sickly after taste, which I didn't enjoy. I like the concept and flavour of this yoghurt but would enjoy it more in a more natural and thick yoghurt that's not so artificial.

Price: 68p
Available: Major supermarkets

Pros: Low calorie, substantial yet not overfilling, nice flavour combination
Cons: Little too sweet and fake aftertaste. Weak texture.

Score: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment