Thursday 9 June 2016

Holland and Barrett Good Stuff Nicely Spicy Pumpkin Review

Everytime I go into Holland and Barrett, I just can’t help but come out with more than I need. It’s one of those places I always enjoy having a browse and come out feeling good due to all the healthy snacks. Whilst I can happily eat nuts on their own, I tend to only eat seeds if they’re mixed into muesli or porridge or with yogurt as I find them a bit dull for grazing on.


These pumpkin seeds however are coated in chilli and paprika, which sounded a bit more intriguing and I thought they would make a good bag for just diving into at work as I’m trying to not always go for a sweet snack. Nutritionally pumpkin seeds are full of good stuff – loads of magnesium, high in plant protein and good fats and some studies have linked them to lowering cholesterol as well as being a natural inflammatory.


Like most H+B products, they’re good quality – no dry or stale bits in here with a nice crunch. The coating helps make them a lot nicer to eat. They have a very gentle heat that is sweet and mellow with a bit of back burn too. There’s other herbs and spices going on – some garlic, some coriander, some cumin. It all just makes a nice savoury snack.
It’s a nice little 85g bag – I hate massive sacks of nuts and seeds. The only thing I would like to see and this goes for all H+B products like this is help make it resealable – even just provide a sticker or something to close it and make it easier to open so you don’t end up ripping a big hole making  it even harder to reseal. It’s also low in sugar and salt is pretty good at 0.7g per bag – often savoury snacks can be really quite high in this. Packed full of flavour, this is a winner with me
Price: £2.49
Bought at: Holland and Barrett
Nutrition per 100g: 510 calories, 35g fat, 6.2g sat fat, 4g sugars, 0.9g salt

Score: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment