Saturday 26 July 2014

Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter

After absolutely loving the hazelnut spread from Meridian that I regently tried, I stocked up on the peanut variant when I saw these 455g jars for a mere £2.



I went for the smooth version just to try a different texture to the hazelnut spread. Like the other Meridian nut spreads, this had a refreshingly simple ingredient list of just pure peanuts. No oil, no sugar, no salt, which is always a good thing in my opinion.



This had a lovely sticky texture that coats your lips, your tongue and every taste bud. It's quite loose and you will need to stir it before use as the natural oils seperate and is quite tricky to get from jar to bread cleanly. But it's totally worth the stickiness.



It has a very different taste to normal peanut butter. You can really taste natural peanuts and it is this distinct roasted nut taste you get rather than salt. This also makes a wonderful snack, breakfast or for post gym sessions. It's also high in protein and really satisfies me when I feel a bit peckish. I haven't tried using it in cooking yet but I imagine it would also be really good used for chicken satay or in stir fries as well.

Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment