Monday 30 May 2016

Quaker Toasted Oats Porridge Review

Porridge is probably my most frequently eaten breakfast and something I eat most days - albeit sometimes in the form of bircher muesli in the summer. Generally I think it is worth paying just a little bit more for good oats rather than the sawdust you get in value ranges. Frankly, oats are so cheap anyway that paying an extra £1 for something that will do you breakfast for you for at least 3 weeks is hardly an expense.



So open minded to more expensive oats, I bought these new toasted oats from Quaker who are probably the most famous porridge brand, These oats are 'gently toasted for a rich and warm flavour' and can be used hot or cold.



Pouring into the bowl, they unsurprisingly looked like normal oats. I made up my porridge with Alpro almond milk and then topped with a sprinkling of seeds, nuts and granola for a nice bit of crunch. My verdict - absolutely delicious, warming and filling - but in reality no different to my normal porridge.



Don't get me wrong, they were good quality oats and made a thick, creamy porridge and there's nothing added to them - but I got no toasted flavour whatsoever. Maybe because I packed so much flavour in there with almond milk and all the toppings it got lost. It may be the toasted flavour comes out more raw in bircher muesli.



They were nice oats and I'll happily finish the box but really not worth the extra in my opinion.

Price: £2.09
Bought at Ocado
Nutrition per 40g serving: 150 calories, 3.2g fat, 0.6g sat fat, 0.4g sugars, trace salt

Score: 6.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment