Sunday 1 May 2016

Beond Organic Acai Berry Bar Review (No refined sugar)

I have such a sweet tooth and can't not have a little treat everyday so finding healthier ways to satisfy my sweet cravings is really important to me. I love going to health food shops and trying new bars as there's so much choice nowadays and some are genuinely so nice, I would rather than them than chocolate. Although I like sweet things, I dislike artificial things or things that are sickly sweet so bars like Nakd or Eat Natural are the optimal sweet treat for me - delicious without being sickly.



Beond is a brand that isn't as mainstream as Nakd and I tend to get mine from places like Whole Foods Market or health shops. The proposition is very similar to Nakd - bars of squished dried fruit and nuts with all natural ingredients and no added sugars.



This Acai berry bar consists of

Raw Dates*, Raw Cashews*, Raw Raspberries (5%), Raw Acai (2%), Natural Raspberry Flavour

and is organic, raw,vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soya free AND one of your five a day. Phew! It's got every health aspect covered.

Opening up the bar, it looks very similar to a Nakd bar although appears slightly bigger even though they are both 35g as this is slightly flatter and more widely spread. It smells nice and fruity once opened and you can see the little bits of nuts flecked throughout,


The texture is dense, chewy with a pleasant grittiness from the cashews. It's certainly well flavoured with a deep rich, raspberry flavour and although you get a nice sweet treat, it feels quite light and not too heavy or stodgy.

I love products like this - it's really tasty and does you a bit of good too. I'm definitely going to buy more of the range.

Price: £0.99
Bought at: Whole foods Market
Nutrition per bar: 132 calories, 6.3g fat, 3.6g sat fat, 15.2g sugars (natural)

Score: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. I may have to give this a try..I've seen a few of these bars in my local health food store. There's also some Pulsin protein brownie barsb that look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have one of those in my snack bar box (I'm not sure I buy so many I lose track of what's in there!). If they're as good as Beond you're in for a treat

      Delete