Wednesday 1 June 2016

Marks and Spencer 0% Fat Greek Style Yogurt with Mango and Nectarine Review

Marks and Spencer tend to make pretty nice yogurts as they focus on using natural ingredients rather than pumping them full of sweetners and rubbish like Muller do. Greek style yogurt is my preferred choice nowadays as I prefer the thicker texture, creaminess and they tend to be higher in protein. Usually I like plain Greek style to top fruit or to add nuts and seeds to but it's nice to have a flavoured snack pot now and then especially for places like work.



Like all M+S yogurts, the ingredients list is nice and short and there's a good fruit content of both mango and nectarine at 10% each. There is some sugar in the compote but sugar is much further down the ingredients list and considering the whole product is less than 10% sugars, that's pretty reasonable especially as mango and nectarine are both pretty sweet fruits with higher natural sugars than things like strawberry.



You can see a good layer of the compote at the bottom, which is a sunny and vibrant yellow, perfect for a summer snack. Opening the pot up, the Greek style yogurt was smooth and slightly creamy but definitely more runny than my preferred 'stick a spoon in it and it will stand up' type. Nevertheless eating the yogurt by itself provided a clean, mild taste.



The compote let it down for me. Whilst I could taste the mango and nectarine, of which there were plenty of good chunks that were juicy and sweet, it all just tasted a bit too sweet and one dimensional for me. The compote almost reminded me of jam with its sweet stickiness and thickness. I think a lot of people would really enjoy this but I think because my tastes are skwered to really thick yogurts nowadays, I just didn't appreciate this as much.



I did enjoy the yogurt and I can't fault the quality and the nutrition is pretty good but it's just not for me.

Price: £0.85
Bought at: Marks and Spencer
Nutrition per 100g: 62 calories, 0.2g fat, 0.1g sat fat, 9.2g sugars, 0.13g salt

Score: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment