Friday 29 April 2016

Marks and Spencer Super Rainbow Wrap Review

I usually bring my own lunch into work but everyone once in a while I'll treat myself and grab a sandwich from M&S. As I do it so infrequently, it's always a hard decision to make. There's always so many interesting and mouthwatering options on the shelves. Although this came out in January as part of the 'New Year, Health Kick' types of range, I've always had my eye on this super rainbow wrap.



Vegetarian sandwiches are usually pretty safe and uninspiring and based on cheese. This is a really interesting sounding mix however with beetroot falafel, quinoa, grated carrot,edamame beans in a pomegranate dressing. Even just looking at this wrap is a delight - look at all those colours! It just looks so healthy and vibrant and fresh. I couldn't wait to dig in.



With so much going on , it is ram packed with filling - no scrimping here! - and yet the soft, tortilla holds everything together perfectly. With every bite, my wrap remained intact and none of the filling escaped or fell out. Considering it includes very finely shredded carrot and quinoa grains and tiny, this is remarkable.



All the different components make this a joy to eat. There are so many textures going on. The beetroot falafel is the star. Great big, chunky pieces that are have the nuttiness of chickpeas complemented by sweet, earthy beetroot. The carrot adds a cool, crisp and refreshing crunch, the edamame little pods of beany goodness. There's also some roasted peppers that are soft and sweet and the pomegranate dressing is refreshing and brings everything to life. It makes a great swap for mayo. The quinoa soaks up the dressing and adds further interest to each bite.



This had 50p off so was £2.80 I think. Although the wrap looks quite small, it is pretty filling. Not something I would want to buy every day due to the price but as a healthy treat, it's delicious!



Price: £2.80 (50p off)
Bought at: M&S
Nutrition: 239 calories per wrap

Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment