Thursday 16 June 2016

B-Fresh Green Warrior Cold Pressed HPP Juice Review

I do a love a green smoothie. I regularly add kale, cucumber or spinach to my nutribullet smoothies and have even gone as far as to include broccoli and peppers. I also love some of the ready made green juices on the market like Savse. Green juices and smoothies are a nice way of getting a real hit of goodness and nutrients into you and so long as you buy the right brand are natural and lower in sugar than pure fruit juices.



Some green juices are mostly apple juice with a token percentage of green veg to allow them to get away with marketing it as green but this Green Warrior juice from B-Fresh is a proper green juice. It's cold pressed and (HPP) high pressure processed to ensure every drop is bursting with nutrients and vitamins with this being a good hit of vitamin A and K.

It's also genuinely made from veg with over half of the contents being spinach and cucumber, 35% apple and then some kale, lime and ginger for a bit of added flavour and goodness. As a result it's only 4.2% sugar which equates to just over 10g per bottle. Considering a bottle of tropicana in the same size bottle is 25g sugar, that's a pretty big difference and you're getting a mix of fruit and veg in this. It's also one of your five a day.



It's vivid green colour might put a lot of people off and intially I was a little taken aback by how 'green'' it tasted. It's a little more earthy than the Savse green smoothie (although that's 7% sugar so a little sweeter). However, as I continued to drink it I got used to the taste and enjoyed it more and more. It's really refreshing, very clean tasting and quite a palate cleanser as well with a nice little end kick of zingy lime and a little mild ginger spice.



It's very much like the taste of my nutribullet green smoothies which are quite veg heavy. It might not be to everyone's taste but I enjoyed it and to repeat myself as I so often do, it's great to see these kind of products just becoming easier to get hold of. I bought mine at a Boots in a railway station - a much better choice than fizzy drinks.

Bought at Boots:
Nutrition per bottle: 50 calories, 0.5g fat, 0g sat fat, 10.5g sugars, 0g salt

Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment