Tuesday 9 August 2016

Barny ABC Bears Vanilla Review

Although a fully functioning adult, I will occasionally buy snacks clearly aimed at less mature people such as these Barny ABC bears from Mondelez. I actually quite enjy the sponge bears with their madeleine like texture and they're a fairly light little snack and although it's never going to be a particularly nutritious option, there are probably worse things out there and sometimes we all tastes that are probably a bit guilty - Cadbury Mini Animals being another one of my weaknesses.




Barny have expanded the range moving into biscuits. The individual 25g packs come in boxes of 6 in either chocolate or vanilla and I decided to go for vanilla. At 6g sugars per bag and 113 calories, I felt it was a relatively less naughty sweet treat.



Pouring the bag out you get some fairly cool little bear shaped snacks each with an individual letter on. If you were so inclined I'm sure you could amuse yourself trying to make some words although I must admit I couldn't get a lot out of the letters I ended up with. Needless to say I wouldn't be great on countdown.



The texture of the bears was good - crunchy and satisfying with a wholemeal, cereal type grittiness which I enojyed. Unfortunately the flavour and sweetness let them down. Although not overly sgary in terms of amount in the biscuits, they just tasted sickly sweet. The vanilla bears were a bit overpowering and the white chocolate chips in them just meant the whole thing was very one dimensional and lacked any depth.

Maybe my tastes have become more adult but they just let me down when I wanted a simple treat.

Price: £1.69
Bought at: Tesco
Nutrition per 25g bag: 113 calories, 3.7g fat, 0.5g sat fat, 6.1g sugars, 0.15g salt

Score: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment