Saturday 25 October 2014

Marks and Spencer Taste Thailand Chicken Satay with Peanut and Chilli Dip

I'm still exploring the new Taste collection at M&S. I love all the new products. Lots of lovely, exciting flavour combinations from around the world that just sound so fresh and tantalizing. After my foray into Mexican last time, this time I decided to transport myself to Thailand.



Chicken Satay isn't by any means new or innovative but it looked appetizing with its little wooden skewers and individual pot of dip. In theory it's a starter for two but I had it for myself as a main.



I simply served it with some jasmine and coriander rice I made and some stir fried vegetables I cooked in a lemongrass and coconut sauce. All together, I thought it looked visually very appealing and it smelt fragrant and exotic.

One thing I was realky impressed by was the amount and quality of chicken. The four little skewers were very filling and the meat was so succulent and tender. Coated in coconut, galangal and lemongrass, it was mildly spicy but just so fresh and aromatic. The peanut and chilli sauce was thick, sticky and deliciously sweet, spicy and salty at the same time. It completed the meal and even went well with the vegetables I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment