Sunday 19 March 2017

Warburtons Protein Wraps

Generally I often find 'protein' branded products are all hype and whilst they may contain a little extra protein, they're generally not that good for you or that necessary. However, I have to say I was really quite impressed by these protein wraps from Warburtons.



Each one contains a pretty impressive 10g of protein - that's more than an egg and it's coming from plant sources as well. Wholemeal flour is a natural source of protein anyway but this then has additional plant based protein from pulses in the form of chickpea flour, pea protein and navy bean flour. Pulses are also excellent sources of fibre and as well as being protein, the wraps are high fibre with 5g each. They're not labelled as vegan but appear to be although are made in a factory that uses milk.



They definitely feel very different to normal wraps when both handling them and eating them. They're maybe a little stiffer, slightly less soft and feel a bit more wholesome. In some ways they remind me of the texture of gluten free wraps. But this isn't a criticism. I actually really like the flavour and texture of these - they feel more substantial, more wholegrain and I guess if you're after just a delicious wrap and not interested in health these might be a bit worthy but I think they're tastier than normal wraps due to the nuttier flavour and the texture the pulses bring.



Keeping it plant based I filled mine with roasted red peppers, onions, hummus and pumpkin seeds and it made for a delicious lunch and felt more filling yet also lighter than a normal wrap. I imagine these would be great for vegetarian burritos as well and something I will continue to buy.



Price: £1.27
Bought at: Morrisons
Nutrition per wrap: 184 calories, 3.3g fat, 0.8g sat fat, 2.4g sugars, 10.2g protein, 5g fibre, 0.67 salt

Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment