Friday 17 March 2017

Cauldron Vegan Sausages

I've bought Cauldron falafel for a nmber of years now and fully recommend them - they're delicious in a wrap with hummus and help make any salad more exciting. It's great to see the brand going into frozen veggie options as well with the launch of vegan burgers and vegan sausages.



I've never liked meat sausages so always have had veggie sausages which I find more interesting, healthier and tastier. These are made simply from a mix of grilled vegetables like red and yellow peppers, courgettes, onions and haricot beans with some bulking and spices including rosemary, paprika and basil and tomato pesto.

You get six in a pack and they are quite small.Two was enough for me but at only 160 calories, you could easily have three. They're pretty guilt free and as they're plant based, you're getting the goodness of vegetables as well as a product that is high in fibre and protein as well as low in saturated fat.



I made a classic 'sausage' sandwich with them but I've also had them just with potatoes and veg ans they're delicious by themselves. They won't feel anyone that they're not meat. They're softer than meat sausages with no hint of meaty taste unlike products like Quorn. Instead these are properly veggie with lots of soft veggie taste that is made delicious by smoky paprika and the tang of pesto. They're rich, tomatoey and a little bit spicy with the odd bit of bite from the haricot beans.

I really enjoyed them and these will be a staple in my freezer now. I'll probably end up trying the vegan burgers too.

Price: £2.25
Bought at: Sainsburys
Nutrition per 2 sausages: 146 calories, 4.2g fat, 0.2g sat fat, 4.1g sugars, 8.1g fibre, 8.6g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment